Thursday 3 February 2011

I'm Baaaaaaack !!!!!!!

Hey guys,

So after what seems forever I have decided to come back to blogging so this post is mainly going to be about my going on's and things as well as my new outlook on the game and my thoughts for the format we are about to enter with the release of Legendary Six Samurai.

Ok so first is me. So basically the last time I was posting I was in college and have now since graduated and moved on with my life. I am now at university developing my skills as a film maker and working hard to achieve the best I can. So basically before the end of my last post I was working very hard on my final grades and films for college and had very little time to post on this blog. I then moved onto the summer and realised the game was becoming increasingly expensive and it was costing money that I just didn't have and would get worse as a student. I also believed I was moving on with my life. Not to say I wasn't enjoying the game or anything, but moving to university meant less time and less money would be available to me to play. So I then made the decision of building my Elemental Hero deck again and quiting the game while having this deck for fun matches between friends.

Ok so soon after arriving at university I found a forbidden planet within walking distance and went to get some death note wall scrolls to decorate my room with which was great and I noticed that they ran a Yugioh day on Sundays and would soon be running Konami offical tournaments. This made me realise that I would have a local tournament soon to go to and made me want to start the game again. So after lots of debating and realising although a student I had money even after all the shopping and general living costs were out the way. I also was going home every 2 - 3 weeks which also happened to be when my original locals was and after time I realised I could still play the game. Yaaaaaaay :)

Ok so enough of my life story and more to the point. So basically I'm back and playing Yugioh again,however with a newer outlook on the game. So when I was in college I was always trying to find new ways to exploit parts of the game. An example would be when everyone played X Saber's and Infernity, I played Flamvell with lots of tech and did really well. Well I still have this philosphy, however I have a larger amount of money and a lot more cards available to me. Right now I'm playing X Saber as I feel it has a good matchup against everything and gets better against Samurai with both Solemn Warning and Saber Hole.

Ok the format. Since playing I realised the current format is similiar to that of last march when Quickdraw first made it's SJC appearance. It's a slow format where control is a good deck right now and overpowers some of the faster decks in the format, however unlike that format where Flamvell, Quickdraw and Petco were considered the top decks, this format we have atleast 5 different decks which are all good. Scraps, X Saber, Plant's, Fish OTK, Lightsworn, Formula Monarchs and many others. So lets get to the point of why people viewed this post. My thoughts on next format.

Next format is basically you either get owned by Samurai or you win due to going first. Samurai like any deck can be countered, however people like myself and many other players do not want to have to build there deck around beating one deck. So what is the simple solution to beating samurai. Stop the Summon. Stop Gateway. Go First. These are the 3 ways to beat Samurai in my opinion, however it doesn't mean there aren't other ways but these are the most likely. So which decks have the best matchup against Samurai. In my opinion Stun has a great matchup against Samurai along with X Saber's and possibly Frog Monarchs. So yea basically next format is going to be full of frustration, laughter, thinking and rigged dice to get the choice of first or second (Only Joking xD)

Oh and before I leave people have asked me what I think of the new ban list or what will be on it. Personally I dont want to say these things are my predictions but they are more cards i would like to see something happen to them.

Gateway of The Six - Limited
Cold Wave - Banned
Mind Control - Banned
Monster Reborn - Banned
Judgment Dragon - Limited
Treeborn Frog - Limited
Dandylion - Limited
Heavy Storm - Limited
XX Saber Faultroll - Limited
Shien's Smoke Signal -Limited

Yea reasoning's should be kind of obvious so really no need to explain them. Either way I hope you guys enjoy my post's and hopefully my thoughts on upcoming formats, packs and cards.


Your Friend In Yu-Gi-Oh

HuntikYugiohFan

No comments:

Post a Comment