Sunday 7 March 2010

Regional Qualifier 07/03/10

Ok so I basically got up in the morning got a phone call from friends asking if I had stuff. I then drive down to the tournament hall and see people already preparing deck lists and side decks. I already did mine so I looked what they were playing and all I could say was RANDOM !!! After a few minutes a few more of my friend's arrive and we start testing. I test with my friend Elliot who was playing Blackwing. I basically kept gaining advantage while he struggles to find monsters in all the games we played but we hoped it was just against me he had bad luck. My friend Dan tests against my other friend Ryan's Gladiator Beast. Dan was playing Synchro Cat. A modified version of what he was playing at Lecister yesterday (which got 2nd). So after meeting with everyone and trading for a Yellow HL Gadget we see the pairings for round 1.

Round 1
Gadgets Vs Warrior Synchro

Game 1: He stalls with swords and tries to use Black Rose Dragon which I play Starlight Road. Swords is gone and i push with all Gadgets and Solemn Judgment his Draining Shield.

Game 2: He starts roughly the same. We basically keep setting monsters and eventually I Storm his backrow and start attacking. He stalls behind Marshmallon, I then top Smashing Ground. He plays Gorz later which I Lightning Vortex and he scoops moments later.


Round 2
Gadgets Vs Gadgets

Game 1: He is playing Dyna Gadget and I'm playing my build. I basically have bigger beaters and defense and win

Game 2: He wins due to an all monster hand

Game 3: I start off really well and keep it going. He decides to Caius my facedown D.D Assailant and I D Prison his Caius. He scoops after I drop a Doomcaliber Knight.


Round 3
Gadgets Vs Blackwings

Game 1: So basically putting it simply this game toke forever. I play my Gadgets and Stun monsters until eventually he tops a Sirocco with 2 Whirlwind's in hand and I lose.

Game 2: I basically open ok but he forces a lot of plays from me. I can't top a monster and when i do it's a Cyber Dragon which basically get's bottomless'd and I scoop.

Round 4
Gadgets Vs Hopeless Dragon

Game 1: He basically opens terrible and I open really good. I keep pushing for damage with the Gadgets and eventually force him to scoop after putting out 2 Gadgets, Thunder King Rai Oh and Doomcaliber Knight.

Game 2: He opens much better and I open similiar to game 1. He tries to do all this special summoning but he fails as I have an Oppression. He then tries to push with Storm but I have Starlight Road. A few turns later he scoops after getting bad draws

Round 5
Gadgets Vs Lightsworn

Game 1: I open really well and shut off all his cards. He torrential's and I play Starlight Road. He scoops later as he has no plays with 5 cards in hand.

Game2: I open terrible. He opens really well and I see he plays a Zombie Engine. After lots of drawing and playing 1 for 1 removal I scoop after drawing only 2 monsters in the game.

Game 3: I open similiar to Game 1. He opens much better and starts to win. I bring advantage back with my Smashing Grounds and then Doomcaliber forces a Mezuki play. After this he slowly gains advantage and I am Top Decking. He gets a Thunder King and a Goblin Zombie on field. I mill a card and then top a Gorz. I play Gorz and my Gadget. He has Honest and I lose.

Round 6
Gadgets Vs Gladiator Beast

Game 1: He opens really well I forget i have Dimensional Prison on my backrow and let a Laquari go through. He tags out which i flip Oppression and he plays MST. I then wait and he gets Bestiari. I top Storm and then play Cyber Dragon and Gadget. He then attacks and get's Darius and makes Gyzarus to which I play Starlight Road. A turn later he scoops up his cards.

Game 2: Similiar to game 1 however I play Smashing Ground, summon a second Gadget and then Starlight Road after he tries to Torrential. With only 2 cards in hand and nothing to set he scoops.

Round 7
Gadgets Vs Lightsworn

Game 1: I open really well. He Gold Sarc's his Judgment. I slow play and put out Thunder King the turn before Judgment is going to come out. He basically tries to play around by getting Catastor which I negate. He then plays Judgment Dragon and attacks. I play Smash and a Gadget and he scoops

Game 2: He basically sacks me with a Wulf and Celestia and I draw into Gadgets

Game 3: I drop Gorz mid game he tries to Celestia it and I have Starlight Road. I basically ask him if he can stop 4 attacks and he says no and scoops.


So thats the day. 5-2. There were 9 qualifying spots and i got 9th which is respectable for Gadgets. Plus I expected a much bigger amount of people playing Gladiator or if there were more I never played them. Either way thats the day and I'm qualified for nats so now can chill and relax.

This was the main deck I played at the Qualifier

2 Red Gadget
2 Yellow Gadget
2 Green Gadget
2 Cyber Dragon
2 D.D Assailant
2 Doomcaliber Knight
2 Thunder King Rai Oh
1 Blackwing Gale The Whirlwind
1 Gorz Emissary Of Darkness
1 Tragoedia

3 Book Of Moon
3 Smashing Ground
2 Fissure
1 Lightning Vortex
1 Enemy Controller
1 Brain Control
1 Mystical Space Typhoon
1 Heavy Storm

3 Dimensional Prison
2 Bottomless Trap Hole
2 Royal Oppression
1 Solemn Judgment
1 Torrential Tribute
1 Starlight Road
1 Mirror Force

No comments:

Post a Comment