Saturday 27 March 2010

Regional Report 27/03/09

Hey guys this is basically what happened today in my regionals that I went to in Nottingham.

So I get up making sure I have my main deck, side deck, extra deck and all other essentials. I then leave for Nottingham. A short 45 mins later I arrive at Chimera. So I sit down, borrow 2 Breakers and finish my deck list. Round 1 goes up and I'm playing Potato Ye.

Round 1

Gadget Vs Stall,Chrystia Burn

Game 1: Basically all my cards are useless as he kept setting monsters and stalling to which a point comes and I basically scoop after I played Solemn.

Game 2: I sided in the Nobleman Of Crossouts and Dust Tornado's ready to kill his deck. First turn Nobleman hits his Marshmallon and I basically push with the Gadgets for game.

Game 3: Ok so I drew bad and he stalls for a while with Messenger Of Peace and after that I finally top an MST to kill his Wave Motion but he Dark Bribes. I drew and played Brain Control on his Gellenduo and attacked for game.

So Round 2 goes up and I'm on table 1

Gadgets Vs D.D Eatos

Game 1: I dont know what im playing but he opened Stratos to search Alius and then he set a lot of backrows so I thought it was either Gemini City or it was D.D Eatos and I was right, it was D.D Eatos. I play Fissure and play a Gadget. Got the plus and he draws. He tries to push with Alius which gets Dimensional Prison'd. He then decides to scoop after drawing nothing. He reveals he topped a Eatos when I played Fissure on his Stratos.

Game 2: Basically the same as Game 1 but instead of Dimensional Prison he gets hit by D.D Assailant.

Round 3 goes up on I'm on table 4

Gadgets Vs Hamster Monarch

Game 1: So he sets a lot of monsters and I realise I am playing Hamster Monarch, he controls the game as I fail to top a monster. I eventually get a Cyber Dragon but can't beat his Caius.

Game 2: I sided in the Noblemans and basically opened with a Nobleman turn 1 on a Hamster. He doesnt draw a lot then I control the game with Tragoedia and he scoops.

Game 3: He basically can't top a monster and I keep going Gadgets after Gadget for game.

Round 4 goes up and I'm on table 3

Gadgets Vs Flamvell Cat (Jake Quinsee)

Game 1: I open with Thunder King and control the game. I push for damage with the Gadgets and he then tries to go Summoner Monk but I have Oppression.

Game 2: Same as game 1 but I overextend with a Solemn Judgment and Starlight Road on the back.

Round 5 goes up and I'm on table 1 playing my friend Jamie Bell

Gadget Vs Blackwing

Game 1: I get deck checked and get a game loss for not writing Black Rose Dragon on my Deck list.

Game 2: I basically come back from a big field loss and I win after puting out Doomcaliber when he Mirror Force's I play Starlight Road.

Game 3: I basically put him on low life, He gets a Stardust and I have no out. I then get Brain Control wait and then play it with a Starlight Road on the back. I try and push for game but he has Threatening Roar which wins him the game

Round 6 goes up and I'm on table 2

Gadgets Vs Hamster Flamvell

Game 1: He opens up good and I open Bad. Drew no defence and he keeps going Hamster and getting Ryko then Caius's me.

Game 2: I rip the nuts and basically kill everything and control the game with Solemn, Oppression, Dimensional Prison and Bottomless Trap Hole

Game 3: I open ok and so does he. We both get down to low life and we are both looking for a monster. He has 1250 life, I have 2300 so I set Solemn and end. He then passes, I draw and play Gale and attack he tries to book and I Solemn for Game.

So all in all I wet 5 - 1 and had a good day. I pull nothing good except Drill Warrior which I trade for a bunch of starship stuff including 2 Ulti Victory Viper XX03

Basically the list is the exact same as my previous deck but the side changed. I lost the Sirocco's and Light Mirrors and Twisters and Played Nobleman Of Crossout, Dust Tornado's And Breakers.

2 comments:

  1. I also went 5-1. Organization was terrible though, and they didnt even have enough playmats for top 8. Did you get one? i have to have mine posted, which you can guarantee will takes ages.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got my playmat on the day. It was pretty well organized and prize support for a 64 person regional was very good. Some players were a little new to the game I think but it was good to travel somewhere other than my locals to play, especially at a bigger event such as regionals

    HuntikYugiohFan

    ReplyDelete